Rattling Around When Your Children Have Flown? 5 Tips to Enjoy Empty Nesting!
|Vintage Empty Nester Banner from ArtsyBee|
Once your children are grown,
It can be a bit echoey inside your home.,
This was me,
Is this you too?
Yes, bad poetry again! Sorry!
This post has some out of the box ideas that you might try if your echo in your home is getting to you. Plus a giveaway for a home! Can you really enjoy Empty Nesting?
Note: Some referral links on this blog may help our writers eat when you use them. Thank you!
5 Weird Empty Nesting Tips Plus One
- Get rid of the house. When my common-law husband died, I cried and cried. I tried putting books on the other side of the bed, then I tried not entering the room at all and sleeping in a room down the hall. I spent most of my day outside. Nothing worked. Getting rid of the house took a lot of memories off my mind.
- Go live on a beach! I met a man on the street one day and he said he was saving his pennies to be able to actually leave Canada one day and live on a beach in the southern hemisphere, Now he thought you could collect your Canada Pension there and live more cheaply too! Check this idea out thoroughly. I'm starting to think that might be the life for me!
Tropical Island Baech Picture by Louda
- Go on a mission trip! Now that you don't need your kids' permission. I'm thinking of doing that. It's a grand ambition!
- Foster some cats, or doggies too! The dogs might help you meet new people too!
- Got a great kitchen? Start your own homeless mission! Umm.... on second thought here's a warning for you. I tried this and a whole lot of CARP happened to me too. However, if you hold a black belt degree, then this might be safer for you than it was for me!
- Build a tiny home community like the lady in this post.
Now if you don't have a home, and you're getting too old to roam. Here's a contest to win a house.
Head on over and check it out!
|Ultimate Home Giveaway|
Ultimate Home Giveaway > https://kingsumo.com/g/5o2fsm/ultimate-home-giveaway/lgkgl5v
The contest is open to Canada, USA. and many other countries Enter daily and refer your friends for bonus entries. See the Ultimate Home Giveaway Rules
Thanks for stopping by!
Please drop me a note in the comments below before you go,
Come Tweet Me
You might be interested in: